1. Choosing Ingredients:
- Beer: For beer, you start with malted barley (or other grains), hops, yeast, and water.
- Wine: Wine is made from crushed grapes, and sometimes other fruits.
2. Preparing the Ingredients:
- Beer: The malted barley is ground into a grainy substance. Hops are added for flavor. Water is needed to make the beer.
- Wine: Grapes are crushed to release their juice and sugar, which is the starting point for wine.
- In both beer and wine, yeast is added. This yeast consumes the sugars in the ingredients and turns them into alcohol and carbon dioxide.
- This process can take several days to several weeks, depending on the type of beverage.
- Once the beverage has matured, it's typically bottled or put into a keg. In the case of wine, it might also be aged in bottles for further maturation.
- After bottling and some more waiting, your beverage is ready to enjoy.
This is the basic process, but it can vary depending on the type of alcohol and the specific recipe used. The goal is to create a tasty and alcoholic drink through these steps. Remember that making alcohol at home can be regulated by laws, and commercial production involves even more detailed processes and quality control.
What beverage are you looking to make (Click below)?