SILA KLAR is a highly concentrated liquid silica solution for coagulation and settling of solids in wort and beer.
SILA KLAR can be added at multiple points during the brewing process. Optimal demand (dosage rate) depends on the solids loading of the wort or beer. Experiment with your recipes and develop the optimal dosage for best clarification.
1. Addition in the Whirlpool: Dosage: 0.75 - 1.5 mL/gallon of hot wort
Add SILA KLAR to the whirlpool immediately after the pump is turned off (or as soon as you stop stirring) while the wort is still rapidly circulating. For best results in both cases, do not run the treated wort through a pump. NOTE: It immediately turns white when added to hot wort.
• increased hot trub coagulation • early removal of process inhibiting trub • formation of a more compact trub cone • increased colloidal stability
2. Addition in the Fermenter: Dosage: 0.75 - 1.5 mL/gallon of beer
SILA KLAR can be added to the cold wort before the start of the fermentation. Generally, it is blended in the fermenter. However, care must be taken since SILA KLAR will remove yeast., so should be purged before pitching yeast.
• improves the settling of yeast • harvested yeast can be reused • no negative influence on fermentation • increased colloidal stability
3. Addition to Green Beer after Fermentation: Dosage: 0.75 - 1.5 mL/gallon of beer
SILA KLAR can be added to beer post fermentation after removal from yeast.
• quicker clarification of green beer • increased colloidal stability • improves filter throughput.
4. Addition to finished beer: Dosage: 0.75 - 1.5 mL/gallon of beer
SILA KLAR can be added to cask or bottle conditioned beer. However, care must be taken as it will remove yeast.
• improves the sedimentation of yeast • increased colloidal stability